Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is a service unit saddled with the responsibility of managing the entire ICT facilities of the University. These facilities include IT devices, Computer Hardware and Software, Network infrastructure, University website and portal services, ICT buildings, etc. Management of these facilities entails procurement, installations, supervision, distribution, maintenance, and training with the aim to ensuring maximum utilization of the facilities to increase productivity and minimize cost in administration, research and learning.
The ICT unit of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University was established in April 2008 among other things, to do the following.
- To gather all essential information of the University and distribute same, making sure that authorized access is given only to all those for whom important information is needed to make effective decisions.
- To establish and maintain all information and communications infrastructure within the university in such a way that all campuses, faculties, departments and units of the university communicate effectively online or offline thereby eliminating unnecessary travels between campuses.
- To design and offer programs aimed at enhancing computer literacy within the University and its environment.
- To create a conducive environment that fosters E-learning, research and development.
- To design and implement automated solution in most functional areas of the University.
The guiding principle of the ICT centre at Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is to use existing available resources (human and equipment) within the system to develop solutions aimed at enhancing learning, research and development in the University and its environment in such a way that every facet of the University and our society are affected positively.
|S/N||NAME||YEAR OF SERVICE|
|1||DR. OJIMBA G. C.||2008 TO 2009|
|2||ENGR. DR. CHRIS NWABUEZE||2009 TO 2012|
|3||ARC. DR. KELECHI EZEJI||2012 TO 2018|
|4||MR. MOSES I. OKEKE||2018 to date|