COOU 10th Convocation Ceremony
All 2018/2019 Graduands of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Staff, Students and Alumni of the University, Parents/Guardians and the public are hereby informed that activities marking the 10th Convocation Ceremonies of the University for the award of First and Higher Degrees, Diplomas and Honorary Degrees, will take place on Friday, 20th and Saturday, 21st March, 2020.
DETAILS OF ACTIVITIES
Friday, 20th March, 2020
Convocation Lecture by His Lordship, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, Bishop, Diocese of Sokoto.
Chairman, Convocation Lecture: Senator Victor Umeh
Theme: Nigeria: What Time Is It and Where Are We?
Venue: Chief Ben Nwazojie Auditorium, Igbariam Campus
Time: 12 noon
Saturday, 21st March, 2020
Award of Honorary Degrees, Higher Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and First Degrees.
Venue: Convocation Arena, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Igbariam Campus
Time: 11:00 a.m
NOTICE TO ALL GRADUANDS
All graduands should note that payment for the following Convocation fees is mandatory:
(a) Order of Proceedings and Certificate Scrolls – N1,500.00
(b) Hiring of gowns
(i) First Degree – N4,000.00
(ii) PGD – N5,000.00
(iii) Masters Degree – N10,000.00
(iv) Ph.D – N15,000.00
(c) Purchase of Ph.D Academic gowns – N40,000.00
- d) Certificates
(i) First Degree – N15,000.00
(ii) PGD – N20,000.00
(iii) M.Sc – N25,000.00
(iv) Ph.D – N30,000.00
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Payment of Convocation fees for items a, b(i) and d(i-iv) should be made as follows:
Generate Remita Invoice (from ICT Unit) and make payment at Fidelity Bank Plc.
- Payment of Convocation fees for items b (ii-iv) and c should be made at the Zenith Bank Plc with the following details:
Account Name: COOU (SPGS) Dues/Conference Account
Account Number: 1015197785
- Graduands are expected to dress formally.
- First Degree Graduands should collect academic outfits/materials in their Faculties.
- Higher Degrees Graduands should collect academic outfit at the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- There must be evidence of payment before collecting Convocation materials.
- Collection of Convocation materials commences on Wednesday, 18th March, 2020.
- All hired academic outfits should be returned by the Graduands to their respective collection points not later than Wednesday, 25the March, 2020. Returning of gowns after the due date attracts 50% surcharge.
- Graduands are expected to assemble at Nwazojie Auditorium (opposite Convocation arena) before procession to the Convocation arena.
- All Graduands should participate in the academic procession and in full academic regalia.
- Luggages will not be allowed into the Arena.
- University Security Personnel will direct all vehicles to the designated parking lots. You are expected to cooperate with the Security Personnel
You are highly welcome to Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University.
Dr. (Mrs) Ngozi E. Ezeibe