10 Reasons Christians Should Not Celebrate Halloween.
1. October 31st. Has long been known as “The Festival of the Dead.” The Celtic tribes and their priests the Druids celebrated this day as a marker for the change from life to death.
2. Halloween today is performed usually by adherents of witchcraft who use the night for their rituals. Witches celebrate Halloween as the “Feast of Samhain” the first feast of the witchcraft year. Being a festival of the dead, Halloween is a time when witches attempt to communicate with the dead through various forms of divination.
3. Christians should not be involved with occultic practice or divination. Note God’s command against divination in Deuteronomy 18.
4. Occultist believe Halloween is a time of transition between life and death. Some occult practitioners…believe in lying on the grave and listening to the message from the long departed.
5. Occultist also taught that spirits and ghosts left the grave during this night and would seek out warmth in their previous homes. Villagers, fearful of the possibility of being visited by the ghosts, would dress up in costumes to scare the spirits on their way. They would also leave food and other “treats” at their door to appease the spirits.
6. Occultists also would try to scare away the spirits by carving a scary face into a pumpkin. Sometimes the villagers would light a candle and place it within the pumpkin and use it as a lantern.
7. In some witchcraft covens, the closing ritual includes eating an apple or engaging in fertility rites.
8. Schools are removing any religious significance from Christmas (Winter Break) and Easter (Spring Break). Isn’t it ironic that most public schools still celebrate Halloween even though it has occultic origins?
9. Participating in Halloween gives sanction to a holiday the promotes witches, divination, haunted houses and other occultic practices.
10. Christians should not endorse or promote Halloween in any way. “The night is nearly over; the day is almost near. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armour of light.” Romans 13:12.